Candidate experience is more important in a niche market where new talent is ever more switched on and informed. Candidate often choose companies based on their candidate experience. Being on the 'right' platform to connect with exceptional UAE National Talent is just the first step towards building that exceptional candidate experience for your Emiratisation drive. This is what will make or break the deal when engaging with exceptional talent.
WHAT DOES CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE SAY ABOUT YOUR COMPANY?
What is 'candidate experience'...
First, every form of communication between the company and candidate effects candidate experience. In most cases this experience begins from the time of job application. How easy is it for UAE Nationals to find your career opportunities? Do they have to register on your company career site again, after registering on so many other company websites? Are you promoting your career opportunities on the right platform? After the application is received, what happens next? How are the candidates communicated with? Do they get application confirmation? Do they get process confirmations? Many UAE National candidates will research your company before applying. Does your company have a professional career page? Does it have relevant information about the company, culture, team and career opportunities? Does your company practice transparency or keep critical experience hidden?
Here are some important statistics on candidate experience from credible sources that you should consider when designing your talent campaign.
1) Nearly 4 in 5 candidates (78%) say the overall candidate experience they receive is an indicator of how a company values its people (Career Builder).
2) 80–90% of talent say a positive or negative candidate experience can change their minds about a role or company (Recruiting Brief).
3) Nearly 60% of job seekers have had a poor candidate experience, and 72% haves shared their experience on online employer review sites such as Glassdoor.com (LinkedIn).
4) 60% of job seekers report they have quit an application due to its length or complexity (Recruiting Brief).
5) 80% of job seekers say they would not reapply to a company that didn’t notify them of their application status (Lever).
6) Employer branding has a significant impact on hiring talent according to 80% of recruiters. (LinkedIn Global Recruiting Trends)
Looking for UAE National Talent?
Promote your Company, Culture, People & Career Opportunities to UAE National Talent across all seven Emirates. Hire informed talent.
7) 65% of job seekers say they never or rarely receive notice of their application status (Lever).
8) 51% of those who receive notification say that it takes at least one month or more (CareerArc).
9) 78% of job seekers report never having been asked for feedback on their candidate experience (Lever).
10) Talent is four times more likely to consider your company in the future if you offer constructive feedback (Lever).
11) Only 46% of employers report making regular improvements to the recruitment processes (at least every six months) that affect the candidate experience (CareerArc).
12) 26% of candidates’ top complaint is the process took too long (Jobvite).
13) 52% of candidates were still waiting for a response after 3 months.
14) 46% of candidates would sever a business relationship due to a poor candidate experience
15) $6 million – the amount of revenue Virgin Media was losing due to poor candidate experience
16) 86% of job seekers believe employers should treat candidates with the same respect as current employees (CareerBuilder).
17) 81% of job seekers say employers continuously communicating status updates to them would greatly improve the overall experience (CareerBuilder).
18) 52% of job seekers said the number one frustration during the job search is the lack of response from employers (CareerBuilder).
BUILD AN EXCEPTIONAL TALENT ENGAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
A strong onboarding process results in much happier employees. It helps employees get to know one another and learn how to communicate effectively.
While you may argue that the above stats are not a 100% true reflection of our region; Middle East or UAE, you can take them with a grain of salt, these stats are not far off of the challenges UAE National Job Seekers experience here. There is plenty of room for improvement. Here is how JobsForNationals is bridging the talent gap.
How are you building your exceptional candidate experience to attract UAE National Talent?
If you enjoyed the read: please join the discussion, comment, like & share this article with your social network!