Here is a quick sneak-peak on some of the upgrades we have included inside this release!
What They See
Our CV builder will help you build a professional profile that stands out from the crowd.
Copy & paste your existing details; education, experience, skills, portfolio & awards and see your NEW profile come to life!
Add a professional picture and background image to personalize your profile.
Your talent brand needs to stand out and shared with the world!
TIP: The Employers will access you on your skills so be conservative and honest when giving yourself % points.
PS: Not want to be found? Make your profile ‘private’ so you can still apply to jobs but not be found during search.
How to List Skills on Your Resume
Let’s narrow down how to list skills on a resume so that it makes its way through resume tracking software, stands out professionally, and catches the eye of potential employers. Here are quick resume skills section tips to keep in mind:
- Use Job-Specific Skills on Your Resume. Only write job-specific skills currently used and recognized in your job. Don’t bother including old programming languages and old machinery, as it makes you look out of touch with current trends.
- Limit Your List to Only Include Applicable Skills. A skill section’s goal is to convince an employer that you can do the job, not every task imaginable. Write only the professional skills relevant for the job. It would also be helpful if you include the levels of proficiency on the r
- Organize Your Skills into Categories. Divide skills into major categories related to the position. For example, a web developer’s skill set could be divided into programming languages, software, design, and soft skills.
- Include Relevant Synonyms. Use synonyms and different phrases used for your skills. For instance, social media marketing also goes by SMM, and can sometimes refer to specific platforms, such as Facebook marketing, or Instagram marketing.
- List Your Important Skills a Few Times. Recruiters also use skills as keywords for Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) searches, so it’s important your skills are listed a few times in your resume, such as in the professional summary and work experience. An ATS can count how frequently a keyword appears, and then rank the applications according to which resume contains the most keywords.
Scoring your Skills
0% – 20%: You have just started learning the skill
20% – 30%: You know the skill and are using it
30% – 50%: You are using the skill on a daily basis as it is part of your work
50% – 70%: You can teach this skill to others
70% – 90%: You are a professional in this skill
90%+: You are the subject matter expert
When adding Skills be conservative with your scores. Under-promise & over-deliver is always the best policy. Remember the employers may also access you on your listed skills.
What You See
Job Seeker Home Page
Your new home page give you full access to build a professional profile, see jobs you have applied to, upload multiple resumes, see your favorite jobs and job alerts…
Using our resume builder it is easy to create a stunning professional profile.
After all, the first impression is the last impression.
Profile Completion Guide
We have also included a simple guide to help you complete your professional profile for better and more professional representation!
Free Professional CV Review
We know what hiring managers and recruiters are looking for and how to best present yourself on paper to maximize opportunities. You will get the following information with your free CV review:
- Free, confidential, personalized evaluation from trusted experts
- Objective feedback on layout, language and how well your CV communicates your skills and expertise
- Personalized recommendations on how to make your CV stronger