Senior Manager, Tendering – Fire & Security (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Johnson Controls posted 5 months ago
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Senior Manager, Tendering is a strategic role reporting directly to the Vice President and General Manager for our Fire & Security business in the Middle East and Africa. You will be heading the Estimation Team overseeing and supervising a bidding phase, typically spanning across GCC region.
As a Senior Manager, Tendering you will be providing support to management during the pre-tender process starting from evaluating/ assessing tenders, assessing risk factors to arrive at bid decisions, and estimating all the required material, equipment, and manpower needs to be able to arrive at reliable cost estimates for bidding projects. You will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your experience coupled with your industry knowledge to deliver our business objectives for our Middle East and Africa region.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT:
As a Senior Manager, Tendering you will evaluate and assess tender documents from a technical point of view in order to identify risk factors, ensuring that technical terms comply with the relevant standards and coordinates with the Division Heads and General Manager for the overall risk assessment and bid decision. You will be leading a Tender preparation process to build competitive offer respecting customer’s needs. You will be presenting during monthly management meetings aspects related to tenders (risk factors, bid decisions, all issues and concerns related to tenders) and also prepare and generate monthly progress reports highlighting tender wins/ losses (indicating reasons) for review and verification of management. You will be in charge of reviewing and finalizing project cost estimates as prepared by the Estimation team in terms of the required material as per bill of quantities (BOQ), amount of work, material and manpower requirements during the tendering phase; this includes all systems, products, and services to client specifications/ requirements. You will be leading experienced, dynamic and passionate Teams across the MEA region for Fire & Security Business where your vision will be to develop the team as one of an integral part of the business. As a senior manager, you will develop and coach your entire Estimation / Tendering team across the region with the use of the best tools & process. You will be responsible for maintaining and implementing the best commercial practices to set standards for excellent team performance.
Scrutinizing complex RFQs (Request for quotation) prepared by the Estimation team during the influence phase will be part of your day to day activity. You will be responsible for improving and consolidating quotes to avoid the rejection and margin slippage, and also managing the tender risk analysis will be part of day-to-day activity. Your responsibility will also include outlining the tender internal strategy and lead a tender team of SMEs (logistic, technical, purchasing, site works, Contract….) and prepare on time the commercial offer in order to optimize the costs, minimize the risks and meet customer expectations to overtake the competition. You’ll embed a culture of cross-functional teaming to build employee engagement and best practice sharing.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
• Bachelor’s Degree / Master Degree (Engineering and/or Business)
• Minimum 5 years in Solution Tendering and/or Customer Project environment with experience in complex tenders/projects
• Recent experience of working at a leadership level in the UAE/GCC region
• Recent or past experience in managing a team of senior estimation engineers/business team
• Current or Past experience in estimation works related to Building Technology Solutions business
• Has a solid understanding of commercial costing and pricing of tenders/bids
• It is well equipped to make judgments on contractual terms & conditions, and optimize commercial negotiations.
• Ability to work in a large matrix organization
• Ability to build collaborative relationships across business areas to gain trust
• Strong presentation skills towards internal and external parties
• Communicate with impact: across the layers of the organization and across boundaries, in both oral and written communication
• Fluent language skills in English
• Leader-led change agent
• 5 years of successful experience in estimation works related to Fire and Security business