Senior Advisor – Business Continuity (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Five Continents Technical and Industrial Services Establishment
JOB PURPOSE :
- ProvidesBusiness Continuity Management (BCM) related advice and guidance to all levelsof management and staff in accordance with the requirements of the UAE andother appropriate international standards and professional guidelines.Responsible for providing assurance that the BCM program is both current andeffective.
- Provision of BCM relatedadvice and guidance to M – ERM & BC
- Provision of BCM relatedadvice, training and guidance to Asset, Function and Division Business Continuity(BC) Focal Points (BCFP) and Working Groups (BCWG)
- Provides BCM related supportto the COMPANY Emergency Preparedness & Crisis Managementorganisation
- Continuous review,development and maintenance of the COMPANY BCM Program Procedures Manual and the COMPANY BCP Guidance Manual
- Review and monitoring of Function, Asset and Division Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) (including all associated appendices) to assure effectiveness and compliance with the appropriate UAE and international standards
- Review and monitoring of allrelated Corporate continuity / recovery plans (e.g. IT Disaster Recovery,Supply Chain Continuity and Office Space Recovery etc.)
- Development of the annualBCM training program
- Delivery of BCM training andawareness sessions / workshops to all levels of management and staff
- Technical monitoring andreview of external BCM training providers
- Development of the annualBCM exercise programme in accordance with the COMPANY Emergency Response/ Business Continuity Exercise Plan
- Monitors BCM exercises atall levels and provides assistance to stakeholders (IMT’s, EST and CMT) inmatters related to implementation of Business Continuity Plans (BCP)
- Professional BCM development of COMPANY staff with particular emphasis on Emirati National personnel
- Continuously researches,reports and as directed by COMPANY senior management, implements Emirate & Federal government level legislation for BCM
- Represents COMPANY to external stakeholders as directed by COMPANY senior management.
- Plan andsupervise the activities of the personnel and resources of the Section toachieve the Department objectives in an efficient and cost-conscious mannerwhile ensuring implementation of approved operational plans for the Section inline with Department objectives.
- Develop the knowledge, competencies and innovative spirit in the Section and support the establishment of Personal Development Plans (PDP’s), Succession Planning and Talent pipeline within the Section in coordination with the Human Capability Group to continuously develop employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals to meet Emiratization targets.
Budgets and Operational Plans
- Compile and provide input for preparation of the Department budgets and regularly monitor expenditure against approved the Section budget levels.
- Investigate,highlight and reconcile any significant variances to ensure effectiveperformance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Lead theimplementation of approved Section policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls in order to support execution of the Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Implement the Company Performance Management System for individuals within the Section in accordance with Company approved guidelines and continuously monitor the achievement of the Section KPIs related to the approved Annual Performance Management Contract and the Balanced Score Card.
Organisation Structure and Development
- Review,develop and recommend the appropriate organisation structure for the Sectionthat will best utilise human capital while proactively incorporatingsustainability into the on-going work practices to meet the businessobjectives.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Encourageinnovation, enhance employee motivation and support initiatives forimplementation of Change Management to continuously improve operations andservices.
- Propose improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the Section.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with the COMPANY HSE procedure requirements
- Report all incident and occupational illness to line supervisor.
- If aware of any unsafe practice or condition, or if in any doubt about the safety of any situation, immediately consult their Line supervisor.
- Carryout the emergency responsibilities in line with the respective roles as per the emergency organization
Management Information Systems (MIS) and Reports
- Prepare all Section MIS and progress reports to provide accurate and timely reports and necessary information to Company Management to effectively manage the business.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- BachelorDegree in Business Administration or Statistics / Economics
- MinimumExperience & Knowledge & Skills
- 10 years ofexperience in related area
- Read, write and speakEnglish language in a proficient manner
- Proficient level of computer skills, focus on effective use of MS Office programs
- Understanding of Business Continuity Management Standard Specifications (AE/SCNS/NCEMA 7000:2015)
- Courage and Confidence –Standing by your conviction despite adversity;
- Influence and Impact –Inspiring others to understand the value of ERM & BC;
- Integrity, Ethics and Value– Upholding and living the values of COMPANY;
- Innovation and Catalyst –Striving constantly to lead the development of creative solutions;
- Building capability –Facilitating others to achieve positive outcomes; and,
- Collaboration and Partnering– Engaging with stakeholders to deliver results.
- @ Five Continents Technical and Industrial Services Establishment
- United Arab Emirates,Abu Dhabi
- Oil & Energy