Money Market Dealer (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Gulf International Bank (GIB)
UAE Nationals Only
Exceptional vacancy to be part of our well established and reputable Treasury team, to build upon our presence in Abu Dhabi. The role will be responsible for the execution of FX & Money Market deals in generating revenue for the bank.
Please note that only Emirati nationals will be considered for this vacancy.
Treasury is a fundamental part of GIB overall strategy, and this role will be look to build on our existing UAE presence and leverage of the banks current relationships. The successful candidate will manage the money market book on a day to day basis and ensure all Treasury FX & MM trading policies are complied with.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in accounting, business, finance, management or similar subject (CFA or MBA beneficial)
- Minimum 5 years experience in Money Market or Forex trading in the UAE
- Manage middle east money books, execute trades within authorized limits
- Build up the G7 books of the bank
- Manage day to day FX coverage activity, managing back to back coverage of co-operating clients with interbank market
- Execute FX trades at profitable levels for the bank, whilst abiding by authorized limits and policies
- Build and maintain relationships with counter banks and financial institutions
- Deal with all customer desk queries on all fx, money market transactions in a customer-centric manner
- Build and maintain relationships with treasury sales and corporate RMs to develop an understanding of GIB client need and how to best serve them
- Run working systems being used (Reuters, Bloomberg, treasury systems such as MUREX, Smartlite, Central Bank CDs etc)
This is a critical role and part of the banks wider strategy to build upon its existing presence in UAE. The successful candidate will need to match the following criteria:
- EMIRATI NATIONAL ONLY
- Good working knowledge of various derivative products
- Competent with Treasury trading systems (e.g. MUREX)
- Strong industry knowledge, with UAE market expertise (Central Bank rule sand regulation understanding)
- Team player with good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team and liaise across geographies