Director of Regulatory Affairs (UAE Nationals Only)Full time Johnson Controls
What you will do
You will deploy and maintain a successful government relations strategy and plan in the Middle East which reflects the organizational goals and priorities of Johnson Controls, our Joint Venture and our strategic government relations and regulatory affairs plan. Build and maintain positive company relations with Middle East government decision makers in key countries, policy maker leaders and industry stakeholders. Support JCI business units in carrying out strategies to achieve their financial plans, advocate for JCI positions and articulate our thought leadership, support efforts to drive innovation industry with government officials.
How you will do it
- Educate government officials and decision makers in key Middle East countries on issues and initiatives that support our industry and business.
- Create and maintain a positive leadership image and business climate for JCI among government officials and decision makers in key Middle East countries.
- Coordinate with business units and Joint Venture on strategic planning and prioritization.
- Engage with JCI Regulatory Affairs team in the Middle East on strategies, matters involving and needing government relations.
- Capture and compile relevant regional regulatory requirements and communicate to the field workforce and to the product teams to ensure changes are considered in our products and solutions development.
- Work proactively with business development and sales staff to develop business opportunities.
- Work with business units to resolve government related issues and problems
- Utilize JCI executives and subject matter experts to help educate government officials.
- Manage and maintain positive relationships with our industry associations in the region and play a leadership role in key associations to leverage their influence on behalf of JCI.
- Work with Marketing and Communications staff on PR issues involving government matters.
- Manage company events, meetings and visits with government officials.
- Communicate Government Relations mission and work with JCI leadership and across the business units, as appropriate.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Political Science or International Affairs.
- Minimum 10 years of working experience in Regulatory Affairs within Middle East region.
- Ability to interpret subjective and complex aspects of regulations and thorough understanding of multiple sets of associated regulations.
- Substantial business experience in international manufacturing corporate environment
- Knowledge of international environmental regulation would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with management at all levels and customer management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to communicate complex business ideas.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent English and Arabic business language proficiency
- Able to travel significantly in Middle East