10 Feb, 2019
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
AED34,000 - AED42,000 monthly
Full time / وقت كامل
- Develop the department’s short and long term strategy and direct the reporting divisions towards accurate and timely implementation.
- Set the department’s goals and objectives and ensure cascading of such to reporting employees, and guide their achievement.
- Develop and implement the annual departmental budget in line with the overall company budget and ensure adherence thereof. Improve cost structures and operating efficiency and ensure expenses are reviewed and controlled in line with approved budgets.
- Establish the department’s policies, procedures and processes and ensure adherence and implementation.
- Identify the human resources requirements of the department and provide recommendations on levels of rewards, promotions, transfers and career progressions for the function’s employees.
- Develop and review Collections / Recovery strategies / tactics to reduce instances of default. Perform cost-benefit analysis for each segment to ascertain most beneficial collection / recovery tactics and ensure alignment with Business requirements.
- Manage and improve the value of Collections portfolio.
- Direct and monitor regular follow-up on customers by in-house and outsourced team members, in order to ensure recovery of dues in a timely manner..
- Develop early warning /probability to default modules to proactively identify the risky segments. Regularly review the parameters / criteria to identify the potential defaults.
- Improve customer service proposition by developing segment based campaigns/ programs to address and gain control over issues impacting delinquency.
- Regularly meet with customers to maintain positive relationships and carry out negotiations for regularizing / restructuring account.
- Work closely with Legal department to initiate legal action on defaulting customers in line with the Collections policy. Periodic reviews with Legal on the cases referred for foreclosure and address concerns if any that affects the organization’s ability in seeking a favourable judgment.
- Appoint external agencies and make relevant arrangements to provide overseas collection services for skip customers.
- Coordinate with all internal departments to address and resolve matters that impact Collections efficiency, productivity and flows to delinquency.
- Complete feedback loop into the other Business constituents such as Credit Policy, Branch, Operations, Legal and other related functions.
- Oversee the generation of regular management reports / MIS on the delinquency rates and other financial indicators and track achievement vs. plan.
- Support all internal and external audits by overseeing that the department provides information required by auditors.
Demonstrates core behaviours of Organization for the required level.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of portfolio management and debt collection.
- Strong background in risk management and contingency planning
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly from the Hiring Manager to discuss further.
This is a great opportunity for a UAE National candidate who has been in a similar 'collections' role for 5+ years and enjoys creating policies, procedures and solving complex challenges.
'Work Ethics' needed to succeed in this role
This position is open to both MALE & FEMALE applicants
Family Book (Kholasat Qaid)
UAE Nationals Only
Min Work Experience (Similar Discipline)
6 - 10 Years
Min Education Required
Special Benefits for UAE Nationals
On-the-Job Training & Development, Flexible Working Hours, Paid Maternity Leave, Paid Paternity Leave, Free Tea & Coffee, Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance
'Communication Skills' needed to succeed in this role
Reading body language,
Writing reports and proposals,
'Critical Thinking' needed to succeed in this role
Desire to learn,
Thinking outside the box,
Tolerant of change and uncertainty,
'Leadership Skills' needed to succeed in this role
Giving clear feedback,
Managing difficult conversations,
Managing remote teams,
Managing virtual teams,
Managing effective meetings,
Proven ability to lead a team,
'Positive Attitude' needed to succeed in this role
Sense of humor,
'Teamwork' needed to succeed in this role
Dealing with difficult situations,
Dealing with office politics,
Establishing interpersonal relationships,
Dealing with difficult personalities,
Manager - Collections UAEN