07 Feb, 2019
Candidate Human Resources Consultancies
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
AED40,000 - AED75,000 monthly
Full time / وقت كامل
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Oil & Energy
Basic Purpose of the role
Responsible for identifying, structuring, evaluating, developing and delivering projects for the P&W business by leading and coordinating key business development functions such as financial feasibility analysis, engineering/deign, project legal review and financial negotiations, and project delivery of new capital investment opportunities that may be green field project developments or acquisitions of advanced development, under construction, or operating assets.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with company’s corporate strategy.
- Plan, direct and manage business development activities and ensure the effective achievement of the business development functional objectives.
- Prepare the annual and long-term Business Development Plans including pipeline of new growth opportunities, including organic and non-organic growth, and ensure resources are in place for execution including.
- Lead, manage, and develop the asset management team to ensure the successful execution of their projects and initiatives, optimize efficiency in financial and operational performance.
- Promoting and maintain an effective relationship with the international developers, investment banking community, industry and technology providers, advisors, and relevant governmental authorities.
- Assist in identification and appraisal of green field project development opportunities.
- Manage the development activities through financial close for new power and/or water projects.
- Supervise and implement through a team all the project development activities such as land acquisition, permitting, finalization of various contracts, preparation of financial analyses and financing of new power and/or water projects.
- Manage the development of valuation and modelling of the new businesses based on projected cash flows and expected returns.
- Evaluate the techno-economic feasibility for investments, acquisitions and mergers, and entering into long-term strategic partnerships.
- Lead the negotiation to finalize head of terms with partners, selling parties, off takers, etc.
- Prepare, submit and present to the management of the company’s, investment committees, board of directors, an information memorandum contains the results of the assessment of a new business opportunity and make recommendations.
- Coordinate with other corporate functions such as legal, HR, HSE, finance, treasury, etc. for the required support to assess any new capital investment opportunity.
- Ensure appropriate company’s approval processes are followed for all business development activities.
- Engage, when required, and lead business advisors for transaction due diligence, negotiation with partners, off takers, banks, etc.
- Facilitate teaming up with partners, on project where required and manage partner relationships.
- Undertake additional assignments and projects as might be requested by the VP P&W.
- Providing high level strategic, planning and policy advice to the VP UAE&GCC and Executive Officer on all matters affecting company’s P&W business development and sustainability.
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
Bachelor’s in business administration, finance, or engineering
Specialist / Technical Certifications
Relevant Experience Required
- 8 – 10 years of experience in Power & Water industry in which he/she held senior roles in business development activities (green field + M&A)
- Experience in working with JV partners and complex governance structures
- Experience in project finance
- Strong network in the sector and the middle east
- Experience in Financial modelling and contracts
- Experience in operation and maintenance of power plants
- Additional Requirements / Skills Required:
- Proficiency in English language
- MS Office and computer proficiency
- Proficiency in Arabic Language
- Team work – Proficient
- Results orientation - Proficient
- Taking initiative and problem solving - Proficient
- Adaptability and flexibility - Proficient
- Customer focus - Proficient
- Interpersonal communication & effectiveness
- Financial Professional knowledge
- Program/Project Management
- Financial Review, Decision Making
- & Analysis
- Business development knowledge
We are looking for a UAE National candidate with family book (kholasat qaid) with 8+ yrs experience in Sales & Business Development based in Abu Dhabi.
'Work Ethics' needed to succeed in this role
Proper business etiquette,
This position is open to both MALE & FEMALE applicants
Family Book (Kholasat Qaid)
UAE Nationals Only
Min Work Experience (Similar Discipline)
6 - 10 Years
Min Education Required
Special Benefits for UAE Nationals
On-the-Job Training & Development, Flexible Working Hours, Retirement Benefits, Health Insurance
'Communication Skills' needed to succeed in this role
Writing reports and proposals
'Critical Thinking' needed to succeed in this role
Thinking outside the box,
'Leadership Skills' needed to succeed in this role
Giving clear feedback,
'Positive Attitude' needed to succeed in this role
'Teamwork' needed to succeed in this role
Dealing with difficult situations,
Establishing interpersonal relationships,
Dealing with difficult personalities,