The Business Development Manager, Northern Emirates (BDM NE) will manage and innovate business development to secure profitable new business opportunities and assist in the organic growth of current contracts. The BDM NE will be responsible for creating a sustainable pipeline of opportunities that reflects Farnek’s growth plan for the area and making recommendations to the management team that ensures the targets are met.
The BDM NE will also identify and manage business development activities for the H&G B2B portfolio in the area, ideally ‘full tower – behind the door solutions’. The BDM NE will work with other departments and members of the Business Development and Marketing team in the generation, preparation and management of all proposals & requirements, converting them to award.
The BDM NE will be results driven, a self-starter and working in a fast paced environment and remotely, deadlines will be tight, numerous and changeable; the quality of work and standards must be high consistently.
Major Responsibilities are below:
- Hold an up-to-date understanding of the economic environment in the Northern Emirates;
- Identify key sectors for Farnek to operate in;
- Identify key clients and opportunities where Farnek and associated Farnek Group of Companies can deliver services;
- Target minimum of 5 client meetings per week, with at least 2 being potential new clients;
- Develop and understand the business and project drivers of Sectors, customers and opportunities;
- Engage with clients to anticipate potential business opportunities, current and future, and demonstrate Farnek’s unique selling points;
- Analyse the customer base across the Sector to establish a common approach to retention and growth;
- Represent Farnek to external bodies/individuals via appropriate & effective networking;
- Support / promote delivering new business via organic growth on existing contracts;
- To convert new business opportunities into successful and profitable contracts;
- Develop ongoing client relationships and customer service.
Financial / Commercial
Work with the Director of Business Development, Senior Business Development Manager, Senior Commercial & Contracts Manager, the Senior Commercial Officer, Department Heads and the CEO to develop competitive commercial models and offerings;
- To monitor and challenge costs;
- Review cost bench-marking quarterly against similar sites and organizations;
- Identification of any applicable cost reduction strategies;
- Negotiation with clients on contractual and bid requirements to secure contract award.
Paid Maternity Leave, Paid Paternity Leave, Free Tea & Coffee, Retirement Benefits, Company Car, Mobile Phone Allowance, Unpaid Extended Leave, Health Insurance