The position is responsible for the supervision of all control room operations and will work on a 24/7 shift rotation. The Supervisor will be responsible for initial assessment of incidents, preservation of evidence, adherence to crisis management protocols and escalation of issues to Control Room Specialist or Head of Section/Division. The position will require knowledge of physical and electronic security as well as emergency and crisis management. The position will require good knowledge of security management systems including CCTV and access control systems as well as fire, life and safety systems and be able to effectively monitor and use equipment and technology.
Responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
- Supervises the day-to-day operational activities of Control Room Operators to ensure buildings and premises are effectively monitored and well protected.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement (processes, people and technology).
- Monitoring of permanent and alarm activated CCTV and Access Control systems in the Security Control Room including manual control of cameras to facilitate the monitoring of live incidents.
- Monitoring the Digital Recording cycle of all CCTV footage.
- Ensure Digital Video Recording is stored in accordance with operational and legal requirements.
- To report in a timely manner all faults and failures of the Security Management system to Facilities Management.
- To liaise with the Police and other authorized agencies, especially out of hours, for the viewing of recorded incidents.
- Liaises with Facilities Management engineers to understand any work or modifications being carried out on fire and security systems.
- Reviews daily shift reports and security logs and takes appropriate action with respect to incidents and reporting procedures.
- Maintains daily reports and a weekly summary report of all activities and incidents on premises and communicates this to Control Room Specialist.
- Liaises with all access points to ensure only authorized people and vehicles are permitted to enter premises.
- Assists with evacuation drills and ensures effective communication between response teams, assembly coordinators and fire and security wardens in the event of an emergency.
- Oversees the evacuation of all people from premises in the event of an emergency according to established guidelines and evacuation procedures and plans.
- Maintains strong and regular communication/links with the Abu Dhabi Police and other emergency services.
- Carries out other duties as required.
- High School leavers certificate essential. Diploma or equivalent in Business or Security related field desired.
- General understanding for all security operations and systems, with proven experience in technology for security including physical security, CCTV and access control systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Strong IT skills including ability to use all MS office packages / applications.
- Good teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead staff under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collate information and present analysis in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- 3-year-experience in a security supervisor role for a medium-to-large scale facility.