Here is a quick list of questions you can ask the interviewer at every stage of the interview process.
About the role
- Can you offer specific details about the position’s day-to-day responsibilities?
- What would my first week at work look like?
- How does this position contribute to the organization’s success?
- What do you hope I will accomplish in this position?
- How does the company culture affect this role?
- What job shadowing opportunities are available for an applicant before they accept an offer?
For the Interviewer
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- Why are you working in this industry?
- Can you walk me through your typical work day?
- What is your greatest accomplishment with the company?
- What is your team’s greatest accomplishment?
- What goals do you have for the company, yourself, and employees over the next five years?
- What hobbies do you have outside of the office?
For Management Style
- How do leaders encourage employees to ask questions?
- How do leaders set employees up for success?
- How does employee feedback get incorporated into day-to-day operations?
- How does management deliver negative feedback to employees?
For Company Culture
- What is your work culture like?
- How would you describe the work environment here?
- What benefits are focused on work-life balance?
- What benefits and perks does the company offer?
- What is the outline of your telecommuting policy?
- How frequently do employees make themselves available outside of normal working hours?
For Company Reputation
- What’s your mission statement?
- How often is a new hire the result of a previous employee quitting?
- Why do most employees leave the company?
- How would employees describe the company and its leaders?
- What are the company’s biggest problems? How are they overcoming them?
- What do you want the company to be known for among employees — past, present, and future?
For Performance Management
- How are employees recognized for their hard work?
- How involved are employees in the structuring of their own goals and tasks?
- What are your views on goals, timelines, and measuring success?
- How often are employees expected to provide status updates on a project?
- How often do you evaluate employee performance?
- Can you tell me about the team I’ll be working with?
- How competitive are your employees?
- How do you develop teamwork skills among employees?
For Growth Opportunities
- What type of mentor system do you have in place?
- What type of educational/training opportunities does the company offer?
- What advancement opportunities are available?
- How do leaders promote employee growth and success?
- What does it take to be a top performer at this company?
For Moving Forwards
- What’s the next step of this process, and when can I expect to hear from you?
- Is there any other information I can provide you with?
- Would you like to see more examples of my work?
If you enjoyed the read: please COMMENT, LIKE & SHARE this article with your social network!