Blog > Emiratisation

No Emirati will be left behind: Sheikh Mohammed reviews UAE Cabinet plans for 2019

The UAE government will leave no Emirati behind as it continues its efforts to support its citizens this year.

That was the pledge made by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, on Tuesday during a Cabinet meeting.

During the meeting, Sheikh Mohammed looked back on the UAE government's achievements for its people last year, saying the Cabinet would continue to push for more benefits and opportunities for Emiratis this year.

"Today, I chaired a UAE Cabinet meeting, in which we reviewed last year's outcomes and plan for 2019," he said on Twitter.

"Emiratisation was increased by 200 per cent in 2018 and we want to double the effort in 2019.

"We granted 7,000 homes for citizens in 2018 and we are working with local governments to ensure no Emirati is left without a home," he said.

Sheikh Mohammed said Dh10 billion was granted in social assistance to "vulnerable groups" last year. Speaking to those groups, he said "the government is with them in 2019 and we will not leave anyone behind, nor will they want for anything".

He said policies pertaining to families, women and children were launched and promised that, in 2019, Emiratis would remain the government's "first, second and third priority".

The moves comes on the heels on Sheikh Mohammed announcing details of a 50-year charter, aimed at improving the lives of citizens and residents alike for the half century to come.

The charter is divided up into nine principles, outlining a grand vision to bolster everything from medical services to international trade.

The charter's progress will be personally overseen by Sheikh Mohammed and the Crown Prince, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed.

Full article here.